Sunday, March 6, 2011

It's Alive!


 Today at 6 pm, 102 days after construction began, the L&HR came alive for the first time!  L&HR C420s 29 & 26 on train MA1 departed Maybrook A&D Track 1 with 25 cars of mixed freight bound for the CNJ at Allentown.  I took some even crappier than usual pix which I'm embarrassed to post--my excuse is that in the excitement I neglected to note that I apparently had the camera auto focus off.

It's hard to believe that only 102 days ago I had a bare room(s) with only a couple of pieces of salvaged benchwork lying on the floor.  As it stands today, all the benchwork is done, almost all of the subroadbed & roadbed is in, and the track is in to Franklin.  I'd like to continue laying mainline track to Andover, but on the other hand now that I've actually run a train, I think maybe it's time to do some wiring & do some real running!

Here's the least crappy of the pix:



Train MA1 on Maybrook A&D1 waiting for clearance to Allentown.  C420 #29 in the lead.



Back end of MA1 on Maybrook A&D1.  Maybrook stretches off into the distance.  This is a 25 car train plus two locos & caboose.  I think this track might hold 50 cars.



MA1 underway from Maybrook, entering the NH mainline heading west for L&H Jct.



MA1 approaching L&H Jct



MA1 on home rails!



MA1 clear L&H Jct!

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely awesome! Happy 100th Day Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent!!!!! Glad to see the trains moving! A very productive 102 days, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing the trains move the first time is always great fun.

    ReplyDelete